Friday 31 May 2013

Pretty Things

So once I had made my shirt quilt, I started reading quilting blogs and found all the things I had done wrong.

This quilt is made from a charm pack of Bella from Bonnie & Camille - so pretty. 

The sashing and border are made from some Laura Ashley fabric which I had had for at least 20 years. (It was left over from a top I made while a student!)  Although you can't tell, this has a rose pattern woven in which gives it a slight texture.

The backing and binding are another Bella print. 

The quilting is a simple diagonal with shadow quilting inside the charm squares.

This quilt sits on my chair in my craft room and is a little oasis of girly in a mostly male house.

Ali

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali. I've popped over from Lily's blog and I have to tell you that you did nothing wrong on your first quilt. I'm a strong believer that there isn't a right and wrong way to quilt! The most important thing is that you enjoy the process of making it and that you love the end result.

    Sure, there are lots of hints and tips out there that make things easier but go your own way, don't follow the crowd! (And I don't always use 100% cotton all the time either)

    Did you know that your word verification is on? You'll probably get a lot more comments if you turn it off (there's quite a good tutorial over on Lucy's blog charm about you on how to turn it off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catrin - that is great support! I didn't know about the word verification, so thanks for the tip. Hopefully it is off now.

      Delete